The type of spinal arthritis treatment that doctors recommend depends on the signs and symptoms experienced and the underlying causes of sacroiliitis.
Inflammation of the spine or ankylosing spondylitis is a disease that occurs due to the fusion of the spine causing inflammation. This disease causes limited movement in patients suffering from severe spinal pain. If the spine experiences union with the rib cage, patients with this condition will have difficulty breathing.
1. Pain relievers.
If medicine without a prescription is not enough to deal with pain, doctors can prescribe non-narcotic pain relievers such as tramadol. Sometimes, the use of narcotic drugs can be prescribed briefly. Because this drug causes dependence, it should not be used for a long time.
2. Muscle relaxants.
Drugs such as cyclobenzaprine can help reduce muscle spasms that are often caused by sacroiliitis.
Medications such as betamethasone or triamcinolone can be injected into the joint to reduce inflammation and pain. But patients can only get a few injections a year because steroids can weaken the joints and tendons.
4. Antirheumatic drugs that modify disease or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
If sacroiliitis is caused by ankylosing spondylitis, it may be helped by medications such as sulfasalazine and methotrexate.
5. TNF inhibitors.
Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors such as etanercept, adalimumab, and infliximab often help relieve sacroiliitis associated with ankylosing spondylitis.
Doctors or physical therapists can help teach movements and stretching exercises to maintain joint flexibility and muscle strengthening exercises to provide additional joint stability. If other methods have not relieved the pain, doctors can advise:
1. Radiofrequency denervation.
This procedure will damage or destroy the nerve tissue that causes pain.
2. Electrical stimulation.
Instilling an electrical stimulator into the sacrum (the bone at the base of the spine and in the upper back of the pelvic cavity) can help reduce pain caused by sacroiliitis.
3. Merging joints.
Although this operation is rarely used to treat sacroiliitis, combining two bones together with metal can sometimes relieve sacroiliitis pain.
Sacroiliitis is the spinal arthritis treatment from one or both of the sacroiliac joints which connects the lower spine to the pelvis. Sacroiliitis can cause pain in the buttocks or lower back, and can even spread to one or both legs.
Pain due to sacroiliitis is often aggravated by standing too long or when climbing stairs. Sacroiliitis is associated with a group of diseases called spondyloarthropathies, the cause of which causes inflammation of the spinal joints. Sacroiliitis can be difficult to diagnose because it is mistakenly suspected to cause mild back pain.
Treatment of sacroiliitis involves a combination of rest, physical therapy and medication.
Spinal inflammation (ankylosing spondylitis) is an inflammatory disease that is characterized by the union of the spine causing a limited movement of the patient and severe pain. If the spine is joined to the rib cage, this condition can also cause breathing difficulties.
This disease is considered a form of inflammation (arthritis) because it affects most of the joints and muscles. However, this is also due to the confusion of the autoimmune system. When this happens, the immune system starts attacking other parts of the body, such as the eyes, lungs, and even the heart.
Inflammation of the spine often starts in the sacroiliac joint located just above the pelvis. The disease then spreads to the lumbar spine, through the thoracic spine, and then the cervical spine. In some cases, symptoms may be so mild that the patient is not even aware of the presence of the disease. Unfortunately, symptoms can also be so severe that the quality of life of a patient can be severely affected.
Until now there are no drugs available for inflammation of the spine. However, treatment options are available to control the symptoms of the disease and improve the quality of life of patients. Treatment for this disease requires various medications and physical therapy sessions. However, surgery may also be needed in some cases, especially when the hip or spine has been badly affected.
Treatment of lower spine pain depends on the cause. Here are some treatment options that can be done:
- Pain relievers. For example paracetamol can help relieve pain for the short term. Always consult the dose and duration of consumption of this drug with your doctor. In addition, pain relievers can also be a cream or ointment that is smeared directly in a painful location.
- Provision of drugs such as antidepressants or some types of narcotics to treat chronic back pain. However, it must always be done under the supervision of a doctor.
- Anti-inflammatory injections, for example corticosteroid drugs, can be given if the spinal pain feels spread to the feet and does not work with other pain relievers. One of them is cortisone injections, which will help reduce inflammation around the nerve roots, helping to temporarily relieve pain.
- Spinal surgery is the last choice if other treatments are unsuccessful, or if the pain is so severe that the sufferer cannot sleep or move. A common surgical procedure is discectomy (the part of the disc between the spine is removed so that the disc does not compress the spinal cord) and spinal fusion (two or more vertebrae are combined to stabilize the spine and reduce pain).
Drugs that can control various symptoms of the disease are in the treatment plan. Physical therapists and occupational therapists will be able to help overcome these sufferers. Cases of inflammation of the spine often require surgery or surgery to repair joints that are severely damaged.
In some cases, joints in patients need to be replaced by artificial joints. In some patients it may also require surgery for total hip replacement. If the hip that has suffered severe damage due to this disease, the action taken will be very complicated. The patient will experience disability for life.
Those are some reviews about the spinal arthritis treatment that you can know in an easy and easy way