Flumedicine for kids,pregnancy, Whenbabies are exposed to colds or flu, often parents will immediately panic. Notonly is it busy to cool your little one who is fussy because of a cold, we maybe confused to judge the type of drug that is safe to treat colds in your baby.Beware, wrong use of drugs can endanger your baby’s health, you know! So, whatare the effective and safe medicines for baby colds? Check out this completediscussion of this.
Basically, babies are not advised to take cold medicine
Indeed, almost all parents will panic and worry about seeing their baby stricken with a disease, even if it’s just a cold. However, actually a cold is a common health problem in children and does not cause serious complications.
According to information from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), children can be exposed to colds some 8-10 times in the first two years of their lives. Even in a year the little one can feel 6-8 times a cold.
When you assume to immediately submit a baby cold medicine for your child, it’s good to immediately hold yourself up. Based on information from the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), cold medicines are actually not needed for babies under 2 months.
Just like other types of drugs, cold medicines also have side effects that cannot be faced by the baby’s body. Thus, cough and cold medicines for children without prescriptions must always be used for children aged 4 years and above with the approval of the doctor.
The choice of baby cold medicine is safe and effective in treating symptoms
Flu medicine for kids, babies, Not allphenomena of colds or fever in children need to be treated with medicationimmediately. Because basically, fever is a sign that the child is fighting inflammationin his body. In other words, not all fever gives a negative effect on thehealth of your child.
However, if the child continues to fuss because it is interrupted by a worsening runny nose, immediately take your child to the doctor. The doctor will probably give a baby cold medicine in the form of:
• Saline fluid or nasal spray: Saline fluid is a salt water solution used to moisturize respiratory drainage and soften mucus (snot). After the snot softens, suck fluid on the baby’s nose with snot suction device. However, make sure you have consulted a doctor first before doing this technique.
• Paracetamol: Paracetamol should only be given to infants aged three months and above to help relieve the phenomenon of fever and runny nose. Consult your doctor first before using this medicine.
• Ibuprofen: Ibuprofen should only be handed over to infants aged six months and above to help reduce the phenomenon of fever, runny nose, and pain in the child’s body. Come back again, consult a doctor about the appropriate dose of the child.
It needs to be copied that the drugs should not be handed over to infants aged two months or younger. Because, until now there has been no evidence that indicates that drugs are effective in treating coughs and colds in infants under the age of two months.
If we have given the baby cold medicine, it is recommended, but the cold and the fever phenomenon still does not improve, immediately consult your doctor. Moreover the little one indicates symptoms:
• Fever in infants aged two months or less
• Fever to 38 degrees Celsius or more in children of all ages
• Experiencing respiratory problems like shortness of breath, wheezing, rapid breathing, visible curvature of the ribs every time the child breathes
• Blue lips
• Children do not want to eat or drink and indicate signs of dehydration
• Fussy children
• Coughing lasts more than three weeks
Can you use natural ingredients to treat colds in infants?
Flu medicine for kids, cats, toddlers, Inaddition to medicines from doctors, there are a number of natural ways that canhelp reduce the symptoms of colds and fever in infants. The natural way totreat colds in infants is:
1. Give breast milk more often. Yes, breast milk remains the best food for babies. Breast milk contains antibodies and other comprehensive nutrients that can increase the body’s immune system, including preventing cold and flu viruses.
2. Give warm water. If our baby is six months and above, we may give him warm water to help relieve his throat.
3. Use a humidifier or air humidifier. Humidifier functions to guard the humidity of the air in the house, to the extent that your child can breathe more fluently and freely.
4. Give warm food. For babies aged six months and over, warm food such as cereal porridge can be a natural baby cold medicine. Warm-temperature food functions to relieve sore throats, minimize coughing and irritation from runny noses in babies.
5. Fruit and vegetables contain vitamin A and vitamin C which act as anti-oxidants to ward off many types of diseases. If your baby is 12 months old and above, you can give him an orange or mango which contains vitamin A and vitamin C which is good for guarding his immune system.
6. Honey is one of the natural baby cold medicines that can help relieve coughs and colds in children. However, honey can only be handed over to children aged 12 months and above. Give half a teaspoon of honey each time your little one coughs or colds to speed up healing.